The opt-in mailing list and some techniques for getting signups.
An opt-in mailing list will become your most valuable internet marketing tool. Think of it as getting your foot in the door. Or a way of dropping by the client anytime. Remember, it can take up to seven contacts with your prospects to make a sale.
It may be very hard to count on someone returning to your website seven times – but if you get them there once, and convince them to join your opt-in mailing list, you have a standing invitation to contact them with your offers, at your convenience, and far into the future.
An opt-in mailing list is a powerful tool for any company. It is the first thing that people see when they visit a site. It is the first chance to make a good impression on them and it should be treated as such. The following are techniques that can be used to make sure your opt-in mailing list is being used to its full potential:
- 1) Make your signup form prominent and easy to find
- 2) Include an “opt-out” option on the form, so people who don’t want to subscribe can easily do so.
- 3) Offer incentives for signing up, such as discounts or freebies
- 4) Include an “unsubscribe” link on every email you send out
- 5) Send emails about new products or promotions
Make sure you start with a good reason for people to join your opt-in list.
What are you going to offer them – something of value of course. What have you got to offer?
Here are some ideas –
• A 10% discount on all purchases over say $25 – exclusive to members of our mailing list!
• Find out about our newest products through our opt-in mailing list!
• We’ll keep you up to date on the latest developments in (your field of expertise).
• Special discount prices and offers exclusively for members of our mailing list.
Get the picture? You’re not saying, “Hey, can I keep bugging you to try to sell you stuff?”
You’re offering a service – “I’ll let you know when I’ve got good stuff you may want to buy.”
Post the invitation to join your opt-in list prominently on your website. Simple list-building truth number one is that people can’t join your opt-in list if they don’t know about it.
Practice opt-in list building everywhere. Include a short invitation to join your opt-in email list as part of your email signature so that it goes out every time you email someone.
You could also offer incentives for referrals.
Opt-in mailing lists are a great way to reach out to your customers and potential customers.
Mailing lists are a great way to stay in touch with customers and build relationships. However, not all of them are created equal. Here are some tips for building your mailing list from scratch or improving an existing list:
1) Make sure you have an opt-in form on your website. This form should be easy to find, and it should ask for the user’s email address as well as their name to personalize the message.
2) Collect emails during checkout on your website through a pop-up window that asks users if they want to subscribe to the mailing list when they check out.
3) Create a sign-up form on social media platforms where users can subscribe with their email addresses.
4) Send emails with content that is relevant to your offers and always be genuine.
5) Not every email has to have an offer in it. Great content every other email can also engage your list.
Now start building that all-important opt-in email list today! Try Systeme.io (the autoresponder I personally use for free)